Monday 19 January 2015

Day 11 - Sunday 18th January 2015 - At sea

Day 11 - Sunday 18th January 2015 - At sea

We started the day with walking the decks, then I went to stretch class while JL walked some more laps and then used some of the gym equipment. We had breakfast then I went line dancing while JL chilled by the pool then went to another talk - this time his speaker was discussing cocaine trafficking.

We met for lunch then JL went to watch a football match on the big screen, and I made my first trip to the pool - woohoo! I only sunbathed for about 15 minutes as I'm a bit paranoid about the strength of the equatorial sun, and then had a lovely swim. Unfortunately I unwittingly timed my swim to coincide with the fashion show that had been put on around the pool, so I got trapped there for a bit while half the ship watched people parading around me wearing the latest clothes (or at least what the onboard shop had on offer!). I eventually escaped, then went back to the room to do some exercise.

At 4.00 I went along to afternoon tea as they were doing a special fundraising one for Macmillan Cancer Support. For a donation you got a Macmillan cupcake, and then there was an auction for various exciting prizes like meeting the captain and getting to do the noon announcement about the ship's position! I wasn't feeling quite so rich so just bought a knitted teddy bear!

I read my book on the balcony and watched the diving birds until dinner. We then went to the latest classical concert by Martin Jacoby, and then the second concert by the Flyrights, who again had everyone up dancing! JL went from here to a third show (the comedian John Martin), but I was exhausted so went to the room to get the bag ready for Recife tomorrow and then an early night!

No comments:

Post a Comment