Thursday 22 January 2015

Day 14 - Wednesday 21st January 2015 - at sea

Day 14 - Wednesday 21st January 2015 - at sea

You will be pleased to know that when I woke up this morning and looked nervously in the mirror, my cut from yesterday had NOT developed into the huge bump/ bruise I was fearing! In fact as long as I don't raise my eyebrows (which I do regularly in disapproval or horror at JL!) or lie on it, it barely even hurts now - phew! 

We are getting into a new routine in the mornings - walk and then stretch class for me, walk and then exercise in the gym for JL. It's working out well. Today we walked round the promenade deck (rather than the top deck) which JL prefers and I don't - I think this could be an ongoing battle!

We had breakfast then I went to line dancing. I found it amazingly hard after a day off - I just couldn't get my feet to move properly for the first half of the class! But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

JL went to his final drugs talk while I sat on the balcony in the sunshine to write the previous day's blog.

We had lunch and then had a lazy afternoon for once! JL shared his time between the pool (where he burnt his feet on the boiling hot decks and jumped on someone's sun lounger to save himself!), his favourite bar for reading, and a table tennis game. I decided to have a little snooze, which was great until I was woken by a workman who had arrived to look at our shower which was permanently pumping out boiling hot water! Still, the 45 minutes sleep that I did get was worth it as I managed to stay awake though all the evening's entertainment for once!

I then read my book in the cabin for a while (a rare treat as I'm usually so busy doing other things!) and then at 4.00ish went to brave the sunshine. Today there was no breeze at all so I literally felt like I was burning to death! I managed about 15 minutes sunbathing before seeking refuge in the pool where I did 30 (mini) lengths today! 

Back in the room I did some exercise then JL and I sat on the balcony together and read for a while with a cup of tea - the sun was by this point on the other side of the ship so it was pleasantly warm rather than scorching!

We had dinner and then went to see the last concert (sniff sniff) by the pianist Martin Jacoby. His shows really have been one of the highlights of the cruise, and this one was no exception. He replayed a number of pieces from his other shows including passenger requests. JL was pleased to have his own request played (a Chopin piece which was in the film The Pianist). I must look up his website as he sometimes plays in London.

From here we went to the theatre to see the Headliners group perform their latest show - Let's Face the Music and Dance. It was a compilation of dances and songs from the musicals over the years, with pieces by Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Bob Fosse, and a wonderful medley from West Side Story to finish. We had seen a very similar show on the Arcadia on our last cruise but it was still amazing - the dancers have so much energy and the costumes were fab. Plus lots of songs to sing along to!

We then came back to he room to get ready for Rio tomorrow - so excited!!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment