Wednesday 28 January 2015

Day 20 - Tuesday 27th January 2015 - at sea

Day 20 - Tuesday 27th January 2015 - at sea

After the busy 2 days in Montevideo, today was a very lazy day! We started with walking the decks, making the most of the last of the warmth for a while now we were heading well away from the tropics! I then did stretch class while JL used the gym.

We had breakfast and while we were eating a lady suddenly called out 'I think I can see seals in the sea!' Everyone turned to look and then someone else said, 'no, it's a group of dolphins!' Followed by 'no, they are flying fish' Then someone else said 'I think they are penguins!' JL laughed, turned around to look and then said "she's right you know, they are penguins!" At this point I started jumping up and down in excitement! There were about 6 or 8 of them jumping out of the water as they swam along! Best breakfast ever! (Sadly they were too quick for me to get a photo though!)

I went to line dancing while JL went to use the pool for the last time before the weather gets too cold. We met for lunch and then I just chilled out in the room, writing the enormous Montevideo blog, scrutinising the bill which we had been given for the first sector of the cruise, checking I had enough money in my bank account to pay it (!), catching up on emails, and even having a video chat with a very special friend :-). JL meanwhile went to 2 lectures: Ian Brown talking about the real Sweeney (which is not the same as Sweeney Todd I discovered!) and then Colin Alderson talking again about his work with the royal family. He then went to play table tennis. 

We had an early dinner so we could watch the classical guitarist, who tonight played some more Beatles pieces, as well as Asturias by Albeniz, Cavatina from the Deer Hunter, some Brian Adams, some Simon and Garfunkel, some Sting, and my personal favourite - The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book!!!

After this we went to the theatre to see the evening's show - a ventriloquist called Jimmy Tamley. I made sure I sat behind someone with a big head as talking dolls freak me out somewhat! From the bits I peeked out at though he seemed like a very talented guy, and the best bit was when he got 2 members of the audience up to become living puppets!

After the show we went back to the room and watched the port presentation about Punta Arenas (our next stop), and found out all about the excursion we are doing to see PENGUINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment