Tuesday 3 February 2015

Day 26 - Monday 2nd February 2015 - At sea

Day 26 - Monday 2nd February 2015 - At sea 

The weather is starting to warm up again, so we started the day with our laps round the deck with slightly few layers of clothing! I then went to stretch class and JL spent some time in the gym. After breakfast I went to line dancing to hear the awful news that it has been cancelled in 2 days time as the room is needed for something else! Tomorrow we are in port and also in 3 days time so that means no line dancing for me for FOUR DAYS!!! Luckily we were given sheets with the notes for how to do all the dances so I can at least practice in my cabin!

From there I went to the shops to buy my chosen items in their penguin sale - only to find they had sold out of my favourite item - a fold up bag which folds into a penguin pouch :-( I was so devastated I didn't even buy anything else! Instead I went along to a lecture from a visiting man about the country of Chile - it was very interesting.

Meanwhile JL went to camp out for an hour in order to get a seat to see his policeman talk about Kenneth Noye's Life and Crimes. 

We met for lunch and then JL went to brave the pool (of the three pools, this one has a glass roof overhead) while I read my book on the balcony (with my coat on!) and watched the albatrosses which are currently circling the ship. I did some exercise in the cabin, had a cup of tea on the balcony in the late afternoon sunshine (minus coat this time!), and then got ready for the evening's formal night.

We went to dinner early (another Marco Pierre White extravaganza for JL) as there was another Ben Kearsley guitar concert - lots of Latin American pieces and a really interesting one by Giulliani. Very inspiring.

From there we went to an event we had been specially invited to now that we are P&O Peninsular club members (a loyalty scheme for people who have spent a certain number of nights onboard P&O ships) - a cocktail party with the captain and many of the officers. JL enjoyed his free champagne, and we giggled at the amusing captain who is quite a character behind a microphone! There was also a very cool ice sculpture (not glacier ice - I don't know what they did with that!) on display and a prize draw (which we didn't win).

To finish the evening we went to see the second concert by Jimmy James who sang lots of different soul and Motown hits. He finished with Your Love Keeps Lifting Me (Higher and Higher) which I love and amazingly JL didn't know! I'll have to make him watch Ghostbusters 2 when we get back!

(PS Dad - no mention of the Super Bowl because we didn't watch it! But well done to your team!)

No comments:

Post a Comment