Sunday 15 February 2015

Day 38 - Saturday 14th February 2015 - at sea (Valentines Day!)

Day 38 - Saturday 14th February 2015 - at sea (Valentines Day!)

We started the day with our usual walk and stretch/gym, then had breakfast. On returning to the cabin I was very excited to find two towel swans with a red rose and a Valentines note from my dear husband! :-)  

I went to line dancing and then Knit and Natter where I finished knitting my bear - I now just need to sew him together but unfortunately the entire class are sharing one sewing needle! Meanwhile JL spent his time by the pool and reading.

After lunch I went to my party dance class which was exhausting! I then read and did some exercise in the room before getting ready for formal night. JL went to two lectures - Diane Janes talking about the life and work of Agatha Christie, and Ed Derbyshire talking about the space industry. He then went to play table tennis and got to the final again!

We went down to dinner to find the restaurant all decorated in red balloons and hearts for Valentines Day! We had a yummy dinner (as always!) and then went to see the two classical pianists play some romantic classics. We then went to the theatre to see Bruce Morrison do his second show, which was a tribute to 30 years of Les Miserables. It was AMAZING. He sang a number of songs from the show but also narrated it with lots of history of how the show was originally put together, how it was changed from the original French, and how it was received by critics etc. He even sang one song in French. He got a well deserved standing ovation at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment