Friday 13 February 2015

Day 36 - Thursday 12th February 2015 - at sea

Day 36 - Thursday 12th February 2015 - at sea

We started the day with another sweltering walk round the decks, then stretch class/ gym, and breakfast.  I then went line dancing while JL went to the pool and then to see Ed Derbyshire talking about the space shuttle programme. I had a nice chat to my parents (the Internet miraculously worked!). I then went to knit and natter where I learnt how to make my teddy's arms!

We had lunch and then I went back to the crazy party dance class (at today's session the entertainment host commented that the last time she had taught these dances was when she used to work at Butlins and taught them to groups of kids...!). JL went to see Diane Janes who did a question and answer session.  He then went to the pool and played table tennis. I read on the balcony and then went to Fab Abs.

We had dinner and then went to the next concert by the duo of pianists. They played a range of pieces including parts of the Peer Gynt suite which was amazing. From there we went to the theatre to see the comedian Lloyd Davis doing his second show which was again very entertaining.  [JL: best joke of the show which I dedicate to my brother-in-law Jack:  A couple go on holiday to Israel after 30 years of marriage.  Unfortunately the wife dies in an accident.   The husband is given the choice of either taking the body back with him to the UK (cost £5000) or having his wife buried in Israel (cost £50)...  He thinks about this dilemma for two seconds and says: "I'll take her back with me".  The official who made the offer can't believe it... "But, this will save you £5000! The husband then says:" look, 2000 years ago a fellow was crucified and buried here, and after 3 days he was out and about ...  SHE'S GOING HOME !!! ].  

Then to bed, after putting the clocks back for the third night in a row! (I'm enjoying all these extra hours in bed but am kind of dreading the opposite when we sail back the other way across the Pacific in March!)

No comments:

Post a Comment