Thursday 12 February 2015

Day 35 - Wednesday 11th February 2015 - at sea

Day 35 - Wednesday 11th February 2015 - at sea

We went outside this morning to walk our mile and it was HOT! And humid. I went to get my mat for stretch class afterwards and did the first 5 minutes and then gave up as I was feeling all faint. I went back to the room and JL brought me breakfast in bed! I abandoned line dancing as it was outside today and I decided my skin needed a bit of a break from the sun after yesterday. JL went to read his book and swim, while I chilled out in the cabin. I made it down to knit and natter to get instructions for how to do my bear's legs though!

We had lunch in the buffet restaurant for a change as I was still not feeling 100% and couldn't be bothered to sit waiting for the service in the main restaurant. I then retreated back to the room where I tried the Internet several times with no luck (I guess being in the middle of the Pacific Ocean isn't the best place for a great signal), finished my teddy bear's legs, read my book, and watched a documentary about French Polynesia and Hawaii (dreamlike!). Meanwhile JL went to see his two lecturers talk about first space and then ghosts! He then went to play table tennis and then more pool / jacuzzi time.  By the end of the afternoon I was feeling more human so I did the next day of my abs challenge and then got ready for the formal night.  [JL: can you hear Eric Clapton singing in the background?]

There was no early concert this evening so instead we went to the Crow's Nest and enjoyed a pre-dinner cocktail and mocktail while watching the world go by (well, the sea go by!). We had our meal and then went to the theatre to see the male duo Vocal Tonic perform a range of songs including Don't Stop Believing, Bring Him Home, Close Every Door, and even Let It Go! Very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment