Sunday 22 February 2015

Day 44 - Saturday 21st February 2015 - at sea

Day 44 - Saturday 21st February 2015 - at sea

We woke up to rough seas and wind, but bravely went for our walk round the upper decks anyway. I then went to stretch class (which was all done sitting or lying down for safety!) and JL continued his walk. We had breakfast and then I went to a very rocky line dance class. I then headed back to the room to watch the growing storm out of the window - we now had rain and mist to accompany the winds.

After lunch JL went to see a lecture on forensic science, while I went to the cinema to see Jersey Boys. As did half the ship! I got there 15 minutes early but all the seats were gone so I sat on the floor! When I emerged 2 hours later (fab film by the way!) I found a queue snaking half way round the ship for the next performance, and apocalyptic weather outside!!! We had water bubbling inside our patio doors and wild winds howling all around. The horizon had long disappeared in the mists and worryingly our position had disappeared from the information TV channel, which made me wonder whether the captain even knew where we were!  [Women ! (Part 1) ]

I went along to a fab abs class to take my mind off the weather conditions, and then read in the room for a bit before dinner. We had a table by the window which was a little scary with waves crashing against it in the dark... [Women ! (Part 2) ]

We then went to the theatre to see the entertainer 'Harry the Piano' who is a very talented comic pianist. He has the most amazing memory and ability, and made up various medleys on the spot based on requests by the audience, playing one backwards! Amazing :-)

We then headed to bed, with the words of one passengers goodbye to her friend ringing in our ears: "Goodnight, see you in the lifeboat!" [Women ! (Part 3]


No comments:

Post a Comment