Tuesday 10 February 2015

Day 33 - Monday 9th February 2015 - at sea

Day 33 - Monday 9th February 2015 - at sea

Normal start to the day today -  I took a wonderful photo of the sunrise over the Pacific which was stunning (it will be on Facebook tomorrow), then walked round the decks, stretch class/ gym, then breakfast. I then went to line dancing with a different instructor who worked us really hard - I was exhausted at the end! JL went to the pool for a while and then he went to see one of his speakers talking about Mars and what we know about the planet. I went and carried on with my knitting - I learnt a new stitch today! My teddy now has the start of a head!

We had lunch and then went to the library so JL could use the Internet (please note anyone who needs to get in contact with us - he checks his emails once a week while I check mine daily!). He then went to see his other speaker who was talking about the history of the British Police Force.  He then returned to what will be his favourite place for a few weeks: the pool and the jacuzzi.

I read in the cabin for a while, did the next day of my abs challenge, and then got ready for my first treat of the cruise - a spa package (thank you mum for the Christmas voucher!). I had been looking at the various different offers in the daily newsletter over the past few weeks and had picked a great one - Unwind and Relax, which comprised a 30 minute back/ neck/ shoulder massage, a 30 minute facial, and a 30 minute pedicure. I went along at 4.00 as planned but found they were running a bit late. In the end I postponed my pedicure until the following day or else I would have been late for dinner (and JL would not have been amused!). But I had a glorious massage in a room with a beautiful sea view, and then a soothing facial. What a lovely way to spend an hour!

I quickly got ready for dinner, after which we went to the next classical concert by the duo of pianists. This time they played some excerpts from Porgy and Bess, as well as some pieces by Bizet and Debussy. We sat near the front where we could see their hands at work and it was incredible watching how they coordinated with and stretched over/ under each other to reach the keys! 

After that we went to the theatre to see the singer Bruce Morrison who was performing a selection of Andrew Lloyd Webber hits. He was fantastic and I enjoyed singing along to some of my favourite theatrical songs, and hearing some stories about some of them (for example did you know that I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar originally had different lyrics about Kansas birds?! It was very bizarre!)

We then went back to the room to watch the port talks for the islands we will be cruising past over the next few days - Easter Island and Pitcairn Island. I'll fill you in on the details when we get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment