Thursday 19 February 2015

Day 42 - Wednesday 18th February 2015 - At sea

Day 42 - Wednesday 18th February 2015 - At sea

After a couple of (amazing!) days ashore, we were ready for another relaxing day at sea! We started with our normal walking and stretching/ gym, then had breakfast. I then went to my first line dancing for a while (I could just about remember what to do!) while JL went to read his book in the Crows Nest as it was too hot to go to the pool!

I then went to knit and natter, and have now sewn up most of my teddy's seams and done his face! Just the stuffing to go!

We had lunch and JL went to see two new speakers - first Sue Stockdale talking about her experiences in the Arctic (she is the first British woman to ski to the North Pole!), then Dr Lee Konowe talking about 'Spies, Terrorists and Other Bad People'! He then went to play table tennis.

Meanwhile it was laundry time again! As it was for the rest of the ship it seemed - my first attempt revealed queues in both rooms, with some people saying they had spent the whole morning trying and all machines had been full! I went back half an hour later to find a similar situation so joined one of the queues. At one point there was nearly a fight as one woman came in and took someone else's laundry out then went in front of me in the queue - someone else challenged her on it and a few heated words were said - I kept well out of it! Eventually I got a machine and in a few hours all was sorted!

I just had time to do another of my abs workouts before going to the theatre as the Bibby Sisters (the piano duo) were performing their last concert, this time in the main theatre. They ended with Rhapsody in Blue which I love! A great finale.

We watched the port presentation in the room about Auckland, where we will be going next week, and then went to dinner. After eating, we went to see a group called Caravan who are resident musicians on the ship, and who were tonight playing a tribute to the Bee Gees - it was very good. We rushed from here to the main theatre for the main show - a visiting Maori group called Te Oranga Ake, who talked about Maori culture and performed various dances, chants, and fighting rituals. They invited people up on stage to have a go at swinging balls around, and finally at doing the haka, including all the scary facial expressions - it was fab! Then time for bed - off to the Cook Islands tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment